San Carlos Borromeo de Carmelo
Founded by Father Junipero Serra in June 3, 1770. Named
for Saint Charles Borromeo of Arona, (Bishop of Milan) Italy (Patron
saint of Bishops) and the Carmel River that flows near by.
San Carlos Borromeo de Carmelo was the home of Father Junipero Serra.
Father Junipero Serra died peacefully on the 28th of August, 1784 and
his remains entombed in the mission.
Us | Site
Map | Search