Oro or House of Gold in spanish is in the Custom House Plaza. Built
in 1849 as an army barracks, then as a hospital for sailors run by Thomas
Larkin. Later the building was used as general store run by Joseph Boston
in the 1850s. The origin of the name could be attributed to a period
of time when the building was used as saloon and later as a gold dust
exchange for miners.
Us | Site
Search This Site