of Four Winds
of Four winds or "La Casa de Los Vientos" in spanish is located
on Calle Principal street. Built circa 1830. This adobe was first used
as a residence by the Mexican Governor Alvarado. Later the building
was used as the first hall of records for the State of California.
The House of Four winds was named for the weather vane
that graced the top of roof for many years.
Old photo of the House of Four Winds, circa 1800's
Us | Site
Search This Site