Located on Calle
Principal Street. Built in 1834 by Thomas Oliver Larkin, a Yankee merchant.
Larkin was the first appointed U.S. Consul to California in 1843. Later
the Larkin house became the headquarters for the U.S. Military Governor
of California, and for a time hosted the office of Walter Colton an
American alcalde of Monterey.
A lovely garden adorns the Larkin house.
photo circa 1800's, showing General Shermans Headquarters on the left
Larkin House on the right.
Us | Site
This Site |TOP