Monterey’s Path of History Tour

Pacific House
Located in the Custom House Plaza. Built in 1835 by James McKinley. The Pacific House was originally a hotel and saloon in a time when Monterey was a bustling sea port. The Pacific House was sold to David Jacks circa 1850 a prominent Monterey citizen. The adobe held bull and bear fights in what is now the "Memory Garden"


Photo of the Pacific House circa 1930's

<< Back | Home | Contact Us | Site Map | Search This Site