Located on Church
Street. Built in circa 1770 by Father Junipero Serra and Don Gasper
de Portola. The church is located in the old Presido site and is the
last surviving portion of the Church of San Carlos de Borromeo de Monterey.
In 1789 the church suffered extensive fire damage and was rebuilt and
dedicated in 1795.
showing the Royal Presidio Chapel circa 1800s.
Us | Site