was established by Franklin Devendorf and Frank Powers in 1916.
Early folk lore has it that the Carmel Highlands area was settled
by Scottish sailors who had jumped ship and named the area because
of the resemblance to the Scotland coast. Today this area is an
exclusive area with many expensive homes perched above the rugged
coast. A local resident has a very unusual rock garden next to the
Highland gas station, its worth a look...