Spanish Paraiso means "paradise." The springs were discovered
by Franciscan fathers in 1790. Local folk lore has it that the springs
were the property of friars who used it as retreat and eventually
lost the springs property in a gambling game. Today the Springs
area is used as a resort. Some of the early homes still exist at
resort and are used as rental cabins.
nearby there is the Paraiso
Springs Wine Tasting Room that features a panoramic view of
the vineyards and surrounding valley.