Lucas is a small farm town just seven miles south of King City and
established in 1886. The origin of the name San Lucas was from Rancho
San Lucas which was named for Saint Luke the Evangelist. This small
town has a little of everything ... a small library, a small post
office, an elementary school, a small grocery store, and a Catholic
Mission. San Lucas is located on a small pleasant bluff.